4 Must Haves for Your Splash Pad Playdate


Spring and summer is an awesome season to get the kids out for a play date, so I want to share with you what I bring to our splash pad play dates.

Play date must haves :

- Sidewalk chalk is so great for the splash pad. Even though it gets wet it gets the kids using their imaginations and creating masterpieces.

- My absolute favorite is the water balloons! The thing with water balloons is that you have to be very careful that small babies and toddlers don’t get a hold of them. My kiddos are used to picking up the balloons when they pop, so it works for us. I make about 50 water balloons usually to share with other kids (with their parents’ permission of course).

- Beach toys and buckets are always a hit. Again, I like to bring extra so my kids can share with other kids. Just be sure to remember to get them back after your playdate.

- Bubbles are a classic and my kiddos love them indoors, outside or on playdates. Walmart has the big bubble wands with the really good bubble solution and I’ve picked up a few packs for next week.

- I also purchased inflatable fish a few years back, thinking I’d use them for a project, but I ended up taking them to a play date and we they were a hit. Kids can pretend to scuba dive and let their imaginations run wild!

These are a just a few of the items, I like to bring to our play dates at the splash pad. Sometimes, I bring just one and other times I bring them all and more it depends on which one we’re going to. Oh, make sure you pick up everything you bring with you.

What items do you bring to the splash pad play dates? Share your comments below, I’d love to hear from you.